Saturday, August 30, 2014

The next journey

Well, in 26 days we'll hopefully have an embryos or two embryos transferred in to me...and hopefully they'll grow!

We've been deep in the throes of trying to expand our family...

The paperwork, phone call, ultra sound, lab work, hormone pills, embryos traveling from Florida with our permission, kind of way.  It's been weird.  We've done this all before.  But I was was trying to explain to a friend the other day about what all we're doing to get ready for the FET and what that is and she said "so basically you're trying to get pregnant"...I said "yes"!  That's it.  We're going to try to get pregnant on September 24.

We know the day, but not the time.  We don't know the outcome.  We don't know how many embryos will be transferred, we don't know how many will be unfrozen that day to see if they can be transferred, we don't know if we'll get to the surgery center and find out there are no embryos to transfer...

But, we're trying to get pregnant, the way infertile couples who are doing fertility treatments do.  I have a few Twitter friends all transferring within a week of us.  Maybe, hopefully, September will bring lots of new babies!

Two weeks ago the nurse sent me my medication, ultra sound and lab work calendar.  That same day we express mailed all of our forms to Cryology in Florida giving permission for our three embryos to be transported to our doctor at the surgery center in Billings.  This week I talked to the nurse a million times, or more like 10, to set up ultra sounds and lab work in great falls so we wouldn't have to travel to Bozeman.  And yesterday I sat at home til 3pm awaiting the arrival of my box of medication...it's a lot smaller than the IVF box.  But just as nerve wracking and overwhelming. 

Our test day will be October 3. 

To be honest thinking about that day, and the wait for that day, makes me wanna cry.  It's harder than the actual transfer.  And to be honest I don't remember much of the last two week wait.  I know it's brutal.  I guess in the midst of all of it, even on my really low days, my hearts cry is for grace...because if it doesn't work, we'll need grace, if it does work, we'll need grace, for the 9 months and for raising more kids.

It's pretty sweet and also terrifying to be on this next journey to maybe meet our next kid(s).  It seems surreal but yet it feels real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment