Saturday, July 12, 2014

From Montana to Florida to Reno...

Today we received a letter in the mail from our embryo storage facility.  We never get mail from them.  I usually correspond with them via email or phone.  Before opening the letter I thought, oh this must be paperwork for the transport of our embryos back to Montana in September...

But you guys, the letter started out with..."Dear Melissa Skindlov: It is with much regret that we inform you that..."

My heart stopped.  Seriously, right there in the post office I thought I would have a nervous breakdown with tears...sobbing actually...

I thought the next words were going to be something like your embryos have been destroyed on accident, or some horrid version of that...

Deep breath...

It wasn't that!  It was notifying us that our embryos will be transported to Reno, Nevada, their new storage place.  Actually it's a new company.   But the letter mentioned our Doctor and our nurse and said they work very closely with them!

To be honest, I'm still recovering from that few seconds of fear, of pending meltdown...

Joel's reponse was, "well, they've now been two places I've never been."!

We have well traveled embryos.  They started in Montana, traveled to Florida where they've been over two years, now off to Reno.  I have to call on the timeline but I think they'll arrive in Reno in time to be transported to Billings for our Frozen Embryo Transfer in September.  

Did I tell you, we have a transfer date?  September 24!  We won't have a time til it gets closer.  And we won't have a embryo report til that day.  They won't be unfrozen until then.  In a couple of weeks we start our calendar, we start pills, we start scheduling the ultra sounds I'll need...here we go again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment