Thursday, May 6, 2010

Something learned....

I am reading the book "I Will Carry You" and I learned last night that the way we grieve through this infertility process is unique to us, it can be like however we need it to be. If we're fine one day and a mess the next day and can't stop crying the day after that...well, that's ok. We don't have to do this a certain way or follow some sort of rules. No one does. Not you, not me, not Joel, not us together. Yesterday I cried, today I am bummed. Maybe tomorrow I'll be joy filled. It feels good to know that how we do this and when and in what form is part of the road we are traveling. It's all part of the beautiful mess our lives are right now. Beautiful because it's us in pure form, it's us before Jesus as us without any cover. Our hearts may be messy and we don't have any answers and we get mad and sometimes we even stay mad for a while but this is our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment