Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a little shot of drama...

Well, last time on day 9 when we had to give me a shot all went well. It was our first time and it was as smooth as something like that can go! This time...not so much. The problem with the day 9 shot is it comes in a little package with two needles and has to be mixed up. This is probably not complicated for medical personnel, but it is for us. This time it was especially complicated. We broke the syringe. STRESS! Wait, we're not supposed to be stressed through this whole thing! STRESS! It was an intense 15 minutes at our apartment this morning, 15 minutes after we realized it was broken, that doesn't even count the 10 where we were trying to mix it up. This is not fun! The shot that comes later comes all mixed up and ready to go. We just have to inject that one. At the end of that intense 15 minutes I called Mayo. Mayo to the rescue...almost! The lady I talked to gave my message to the nurse who would call me back (this is standard procedure for them). I waited, waited, Joel left for class, I waited, and I looked at our sheet of paper which said I was supposed to take two shots today...what? I hadn't seen this before and the prescription was only for one. Then the nurse called. Mayo to the RESCUE!! She was so so so kind to me. She listened and she wrote up a new prescription right away that is being faxed as I write! Praise Jesus for the kindness of the Mayo Clinic Infertility staff of Charlton Desk 3A!!! Then she looked my file up and said I only take one shot, phew, that crisis is averted! In a few minutes we'll head to the pharmacy and try this again. Please God let it go smoothly this time! Please God help us, calm us, flood us with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment