Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sleeping

I told Gretchen that sleeping was a problem for me...I mentioned how uncomfortable I was...

Her response:  we have to have you rested, we have to treat this...

Um, well, let me tell you the rest:

She said Dr. Key would tell me to take Valerian root to help with sleep.  Or I can take one benadryl.

Bottom line, they want me sleeping well at night.  They want me taking naps if possible during the day.  I need rest.

So, we bought some of the root...Gretchen warned us that is smells like really dirty gym socks...but she also assured us that once swallowed I would no longer smell that awful smell.

Have you ever taken this stuff?

I think it works.  But imagine the worst thing you ever, I mean ever, smelled...this root smells like 100 times worse than that...

It's like really dirty gym socks mixed with the worst thing you have ever smelled.

The first night I took 1 pill and almost chocked it back up, it was awful.  The bottle says to take 5 pills at a time...um, no thank you.  Last night I decided to take another one...

This time, Joel opened the bottle, I had water in my hand, he pulled a pill out and set it on my tounge, I didn't breath...as I swallowed he held a tropical smelling candle up to my nose...once the pill was down I buried my nose in the candle...

Icky smell plus tropical smell was better than just icky smell!  But the icky smell lingered....we had to wash our hands and put the bottle way away from us!

The plus is that the past 2 nights I have had much more restful sleep!  

No comments:

Post a Comment