Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A rare moment

It is silent at my house right now.

Joel is asleep on the couch.  Hannah and Harper both asleep in their ca rseats...they had 4 month vaccines today, fell asleep on the car ride home, and I am not disturbing them...

The only sounds I hear are the washing machine and the keys of the key board.

It's been months.  I actually can't remember the last time this happened...

Yep, that's my world. 

Crying twin daughters...or laughing, or cooing...the tv on...

Noise.

But guess what?

I'm doing an online Bible study called Stressed-Less Living and guess what?

I am actually doing it, in the midst of the silence!

Ah...

I seriously doubted this moment would come today.  It was sort of stressing me out.  Haha!  Wow, I'm basking.  So much of my life these days happens inside the walls of this house, and so much is well, stressful.  Don't get me wrong...the gift of Hannah Grace and Harper Joy is indescribable.  Every day I look at them and I see miracles.  But some days, no every day, I need a break, just a tiny 5 minutes, or 10!  And sometimes even bigger breaks are needed...that much needed break came this past week, more on that in another post. 

I am being renewed!  I will learn some stressed-less living...I already feel lighter.

This verse really spoke to me: 2 Samuel 22:7  In my distress I called to the Lord; I called out to my God.  From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.

Here's a great reminder, He listens.  I can cry out to him.  He is there, even when things get low, when things get hard...he is there.  He is always, say that word aloud, always, there.  How cool is that?  He can carry our burdens so we don't have too!

Oh, I hear the tiny cries of Harper...I'm off to feed and cuddle one of my sweet little girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment