Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Blessed

Ok, to be upfront, I started this post last week, on Thursday...here I am almost a week later finishing it, here goes:

My world was rocked this time last year...

My husband and I had just found out we were pregnant after a round of IVF fertility treatments...we waited over 5 years for news such as this...

And I was scared.  What if something went wrong and our happy news became sad?

Five weeks later we found out we were having twins...a few weeks after that, girls...and after a pregnancy filled with ups and downs I gave birth on November 17th, at 36 weeks, to two beautiful twin girls...

My life hasn't been the same since.

I've been in awe.  I've been stressed.

I've been reflecting on my recent life changes lately because, here goes my confession, in the weeks since I've lost sight of the blessings in my life...

Don't get me wrong, I look into their eyes every day, I bask in the joy.  But somewhere along the road of the past few months, in the throes of stress and just trying to survive, I lost sight...

But, my blessings are abundant.

I have the opportunity this week, as part of the online bible study I'm participating in, to share a blog post related to the study.  One idea for post is to list 5 things God has blessed me with, and then 5 more and 5 more...for this post, I'll keep it to 5...

1. I am blessed with peace.  I had the most peaceful day...my babies had their 4 month vaccines yesterday...today they had fevers, cried most the day and just wanted to snuggle.  And there are two of them!  Two!  And one mama!  And a Daddy who worked most of the day...but I chose peace, I chose to love the snuggles...

2. I am blessed to now know the joy of motherhood after knowing the pain of infertility.  Most days there are not even words to describe it.

3. I am blessed with a husband who supports me, loves me and our daughters and works hard for us.

4. I am blessed by family, both mine and my husbands...we are so rich with the love of family...we have brothers and sisters that I consider my best friends, there are parents, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles...so much blessing!

5. I'm blessed with near and dear to me friendships!

This has been a great exercise and a daily reminder...Our God has blessed us beyond anything I could ever imagine.  What a road we are on!  What a ride!  I am oh so thankful for His presence in our journey, His ordered steps and that above all...He writes our story!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa and Joel so glad to read this. My daughter and SIL are devastated. They have been through 3 IVFs and they failed. Each time my baby girl just is torn and she is normally the most God-loving, God fearing girl you would ever meet. It hurts - it hurts her, her mom, her whole family. She is not sure she wants to do the test tube thing because of her beliefs. In Jan we were hoping the last treatment worked - it didn't. One day we found out it didn't and 6 days later we heard our daughter in law was expecting which was a huge blessing but at the same time crused my daughter again. Thanks for sharing. Hugs and God bless you and those girls. Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie -- I don't personally know the pain of infertility. I feel like I traveled the road with Melissa. But I'll never know the depths of pain she has felt.

      I feel for your whole family. It is so hard. It was crushing the times I was pregnant when Melissa was not. There was such joy and such pain. It's a hard road for everyone. Hard and tear-filled.

      My prayers are with your daughter. And with you too. And with your daughter-in-law who is expecting. Your daughter lives on the other side of a glass wall ... only those who've experienced it know what it's like on that side. The rest of us can only pray, shed tears, and stretch out our hands in Love.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, my dear Melissa. You are my best friend too. I Love you!

    ReplyDelete