Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Burdens

The laundry is strung throughout my house.

It's in multiple piles.

The dishwasher needs unloaded only so it can be loaded again. 

The floors need cleaned. 

The mail sorted.

Piles taken care of.

Garbage taken outside.

The bathroom needs cleaned.

Clutter needs sorted and tossed.

I like a clean house.  I know we all do, right?! 

I could barely keep up before babies, and now well, I just can't.

I'm really hard on myself and Joel when the house gets messy.  It's one of those things that really gets to me.  Like really bad.  It's the only thing I really yell about...

It's an unhealthy reaction...

But in my current state, mostly, I think because we've been gone for a week, I am feeling more calm...more free...more aware...more at peace.  Maybe because of the bible study I'm doing really has me reflecting on my life and my stress and the house is my biggest stress...

I love being a mom.  I love my little sweets...I love, love, love it!  I, to be honest, dream and imagine days when they are older and we can dance and play...every single day....

I also love when my life is in order.  My life is not even close to being in order.  Ha!  Today I am practicing letting go.  In the midst of the mess, I am taking a deep breath and letting go...at least partly.  Because it's for myself, my family...

At the end of the day if the dishes didn't get done...oh well.  Ok, honestly, I cringe at that.  But there are days I am so tired...

So, I have a goal...

Learn to live stressed-less...which in one area of my life means learning to let go.  Learning to do what I can each day and to know that is enough.  Learning that if some days or even most days, the only thing I get done is taking care of my sweet girls, that is enough. 

Getting on the treadmill for just 10 minutes, is enough, if that is all I can do.  Doing one load of laundry is enough if that is all I can do.

If someone wants to do the dishes for me though, that would be great, haha!

The bible study leader said to be thankful for laundry because it means my family has something to wear...

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment