Saturday, December 3, 2011

the countdown is on

Well, in about 29-31 days we'll be calling our doctor to say we're ready for IVF (she has us on the calender, but we have to call day 1 in January to get it all set up). Back in October it felt like that day was so far away. But now, it hit us yesterday that soon we would be starting. Soon, we'd be jumping on the roller coaster for the ride of a lifetime.

It's gonna be so crazy. I can already imagine all the hormones. I'm most worried about getting the meds, and not breaking a shot while giving it being that we're so far from any sort of pharmacy that could help us.

But, if that happens, deep breath, it will be ok.

We're ready.

And for the first time, a few days ago, I felt my brain switching from feeling hopeless, to thinking, yes this can work. Joel is very positive about it. He's scared but he's hopefully. I'd say I'm way more scared than hopeful. I'm getting there though.

I'm trying to talk positive, I'm trying to think positive. It's a giant hurdle. And it all comes out pretty tentatively.

I'm trying to go from not seeing how he could pick us, to asking him to please pick us, and to believing that he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment