Thursday, June 16, 2011

Calling Mayo

I had to call Mayo on Tuesday. I should have called them on Monday. Day 1 was Sunday. But you don't call about Day 1 on a weekend. I thought about calling all day on Monday but I just couldn't. I was dreading it. I was scared. It was the last thing I wanted to do. But I knew on Tuesday that I had to call. That was Day 3. You never wait til mid morning on Day 3 to call. I didn't know if I should tell the front desk lady who answers that I really didn't need to be calling because we are moving to Montana but that I wanted them to know, or just tell her that the test was negative and let her tell me that the nurse would call me back. I did the latter. In the moment that is all I could do. And I really wanted to talk to a nurse. An hour later, which they never take that long to call back, Dawn called. She was sad for us. I had tears running down my face. It was so hard. I told her I didn't know what I was supposed to do because we are moving to Montana which she already knew. Basically it was a call to let them know about the negative test and for me to ask if I could please please call them anytime I need to. She said absolutely. They can't help a lot from a distance, but she said to call anytime. That is what I needed to hear. That is why I called really. I knew they wouldn't or couldn't say they could help in the moment. But I needed to hear that they are there. It makes me cry writing this, I don't know, I am so glad they are there and so sad that it didn't work and so scared that it will never work and so confused and angry that we will have to call the clinic in Billings. I wanted to have to call the Billings doctors because we were pregnant with multiple babies and they were our doctors. But no such thing. We're just sad. We're mad. But we're also really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment