Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Graduation Day!

"You're graduating today", Ronnie said to me and she was hooking me up to monitors yesterday...

"What does that mean?" I asked her...

We made it!  Back in October when we were admitted to the hospital making it this far seemed nearly impossible...I was very close to giving birth then.  But we made it!  Graduation day!

Gretchen grinned ear to ear later when she told us the same thing.

This is a giant hurdle for us and them...we did it!  My bed rest, Joel taking care of us, other family members here to take care of us, calls and texts from family and friends near and far sharing support with us, careful monitoring by the Dr. staff, lots o' prayers from around the globe...it all worked.  We all did it!  Together.

And the miracle is that our baby girls have had 33 more days to grow and develop inside of me, not in the NICU.  They could still have a little time in the NICU but nothing long term.  We did it!

Now the new goal...wait to have them til late next Sunday night or Monday when Dr. Key and his sheep will be back...

It could happen anytime now, according to Gretchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment