Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Transfer day

What a day!  An emotional, exciting, tiring, fearful, awe filled day.

The most nervewracking was waiting for our embryo report.  We had no clue what was going on with them...were the first two, frozen together, unfreezing well so the third one could stay frozen?  That's the best case scenario...

Or were some of them having troubles, would we have one or two to transfer?  Or none?

The nurse got me ready and gave me a valium then we waited for Dr. Shomento. I couldn't believe the day was finally here!  I'd imagined this day for months, since February, or really for longer than that.  Probably ever since the day after Hannah and Harper were transferred and Dr. Shomento called me to say we had three embryos to freeze.

When the doctor came in she had a picture and it was of two of our embryos.  She said it was time to try for another set of twins...

They were both unfrozen, one was at the same stage the girls were on transfer day, the other was behind but still strong enough for transfer.  Then she let us know that the third one didn't make it.  All three had to be unfrozen and one of the first two didn't survive the unfreezing.

Maybe you think we're nuts for transferring two...trying for twins again.  Maybe we are.  But after this long journey we've been on, you listen to you doctor and you do what she thinks is best.  The success rate for FET is 20% less than with IVF...if there's two to transfer she transfers them to increase the success rate of at least one of them growing...

And these are my babies.  I've longed to try and grow them...for two and a half years!  I love that I'm getting the opportunity now!  I pray the one behind is a strong little fighter!  I pray they're both growing!  I know it'll be hard...oh so hard, indescribably hard...but oh the joy for our long infertility journey to bring more babies!  Friday is test day and I'm terrified.  It feels like it's a year away, but hopefully it'll be here before I know it!

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment