Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mail!



I LOVE getting mail. I love going to the post office every day to check the mail, always hoping for something "fun"! It's a highlight in my day, seriously. Joel often goes with me but he stands back while I insert the key, turn and hope. If we get a package he sits by while I open it. It's all sort of silly. But it's something I love.

Last week we went to the Post Office in the evening when he got back from Havre...yep, I waited til close to 6pm that day...it was hard to wait that long!

I was surprised when I looked in our mailbox, pulled out a stack of envelopes, mostly bills and ads, and there sitting at the bottom was a key to a bigger mailbox at the end of the hallway. When there is one of these keys in your box it means you have a package! I looked at it strangely...I wasn't expecting anything. Inside the package I pulled out was love from friends...

Sent in the form of chocolate, coffee and a sweet note, it brought tears to my eyes.

The package was full of more than that, it was full of support, cheer, and hope. All from our friends The Smiths from Lewiston, ID, dear friends from my college days...

The chocolate was Dove brand and had little notes inside the labels...

"Share a chocolate moment with a friend."

"Your smile lights up the room."

"Express yourself."

"Take a moment for yourself."

"Dare to dream."


We love coffee, chocolate and dear friends.

Thank you Smiths!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the goodies! You're in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete