Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sometimes we don't understand...

I've had blog posts rolling around in my head for a few days now, but wasn't able to get them down...so today I am blogging! This blog is therapy for us, it's a way for us to get our thoughts out, it's a way for us to process, and an opportunity to not miss a moment of this journey we are on.
The other day at work I was talking with a co-worker about another co-worker whose wife is pregnant with their third child...she was telling me that this pregnancy was unexpected and though they are excited about the baby they are not excited about being pregnant...she also said this couple was not planning to have another baby and how this is throwing a wrench is their lives. That was so hard for me to hear. I told her that I will never be in a place in my life where I understand that...I would welcome an unexpected baby...I would dance for joy, cry tears of joy, laugh, and dance some more. I know this couple is very much ok with their baby on the way...and I think that is wonderful...but hearing about their story was more than I could take. I cried. I want what they have. It's hard not to think mean thoughts of how unfair it is, we want so deeply to be mommy and daddy. We want so deeply that sometimes it scares us. The pain is anguish filled, tear filled, and hug filled as we hold each other, and as we trust that the arms of Jesus are holding us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment