Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just another manic Monday...

Monday was stress city at our house, probably one of the most stressful we've had since residing in the great state of Montana (well second to the second week that was giant stress). I do not do well with the start of new things, never have. I get all weird and scared and nervous and it's all I can think about. I was ready for preschool the next day, but I didn't feel like it. Monday is Joel's day in Big Sandy. But since he worked most of the weekend I told him I needed him all day on Monday...it was go time for the preschool teacher. I was excited about the type of job I was about to embark on, and thankful that it wasn't an office job, but I was scared. Um, play with kids I can do, teach them something? Ha...um, not so sure about that! I had the entire Monday planned out, minute by minute, and I had lists, lots of lists! I was ready to get ready!

Of course we started the morning with coffee (not on the deck, though I did have "sitting on the deck" on my list), followed by what was intended to be a walk for exercise, which was also on my list...this sort of backfired and changed the course of the day..."do you have a key" I asked as I was locking the door and shutting it, "yea" Joel responded, followed by an "oh wait" and a slam...oops! He had the church keys, but we forgot a house key. We were locked out. All four doors that could have let us in were locked (we're good at locking up!). We walked to the church and grabbed a big pile of old keys wondering if one of them would let us in, but no luck. It was now or never to find out which parishioners had a key to our house (we assumed they all did!). Back to the church we went. We called Kyle, Betty Jo, Vicky and no one answered. We called Cherie at work, no answer, we called Cherie at home who told us to call Bob who also wasn't home. We called Jodie at work who said to call Kyle who we had already tried. No one had a key. We saw Vicky drive by and got excited, she was on her way to the library, we could call her there! We tried, no answer. We waited, we gathered a giant screw driver and a ladder...we were going to break in! I had things to get done! Then we called Vicky one last time, and she answered and SHE HAD A KEY! She might be the only one out there with one besides us...whew! Of course the key was at her house and she was at work but she went to get it and we were let in! The whole escapade only took a couple of hours...and I might not have slept much Monday night, but I did get as ready as I was gonna be and following Tuesday morning coffee I made it to my first day of preschool with time to spare!

P.S. Though we thought about it, there was no way we were going to call the local sheriff, whose son goes to my preschool, to help us break into our house...we would have ended up in the "Wingnuts & Dingbats" section of the local newspaper...no way!!

1 comment:

  1. Best Monday Story Ever. You should be proud to be published in Wingnuts & Dingbats! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete