Monday, September 19, 2011

A little lumber yard boy...

he's in my preschool class. He turned 5 two days after the public school age cut-off for kindergarten and one day before preschool. This is his second year in preschool. His parents own the lumber yard in town, the hardware store and the NAPA auto parts. We are told from people in the community, over and over again, to "buy local". We had planned to go to Havre today to get mouse ammo from Big R but we ran out of time so to the hardware store/lumber yard we went. The mouse ammo was right inside the door. Seconds later the little boy came around the corner! He had all kinds of advice for catching mice and he told me all about his day! It was so adorable. He told me that soccer practice was cancelled because it poured down rain and stormed here all day (a first since we arrived July 22, Joel was so excited to have the clouds watering the lawn!). Then he told me he was going to school tomorrow and then Fort Benton for a soccer game (which is actually Saturday his mom later told me)! He was so excited! His grandma came and asked him to be quiet, to let us shop. Then his mom came asking him the same thing but kept right on talking. I listened to him and asked him questions! I could hear his little baby brother in the corner cooing. He showed me a giant tool to push nails into a wall. He compared it to a bull dozer. His grandma and mom just kept apologizing over and over again. They'd been listening to him all day! But I loved it...I have a little friend in Big Sandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment