Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Parenthood on TV

Do any of you watch the show Parenthood on NBC Tuesday nights? If not, you totally should! It's so good. Last night was the season premiere. And while we were watching it, I said to Joel "I have to blog about that...".

It is a show full of brothers and sisters and their spouses, or dating life (a couple of them are single) and life and it's craziness...

One of the sisters and her husband have one little girl in school and want to have another baby. We learned last season that they more than likely won't be able to, something medically wrong with her. I know, this is all a fictional story line, but I'm still drawn to it. I cried last season as I watched their pain of wanting a baby so badly...

On last night's episode this character decided she wants to "buy the latte lady's baby." What? What? Buy the latte lady's baby?! I shouldn't even be repeating this, but I would buy a latte lady's baby! Let me explain...at this characters office, a lady pushes around a latte cart and sells coffee (I so need to work in one of those offices one day). She is the latte lady. She is pregnant and giving the baby away. So, in comes the desire to buy the latte lady's baby...hmmm, latte, baby...sweet...I hope this story line plays out so she does indeed get to buy, or rather adopt, the latte lady's baby...one mom who has a gift to willingly give, one mom whose longing can be fulfilled, 2 moms connected by coffee and a baby. Sounds pretty perfect to me.

1 comment: