Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Medication Frenzy

It's been a frenzy at our house...wedding and reception Saturday, church and annual meeting Sunday, Lent coming and waiting for meds.  It's all big, it's all busy, but the most anxiety ridden was, until this morning, the waiting for meds (at least for me, for Joel is might be Ash Wednesday, but we'll conquer that also).  

When Julia called last week on the 14th she said she was ordering the meds that day and that I would hear from the pharmacy within a couple of days.

I waited....Wednesday...Thursday...Friday...and no call.  I left a message with Julia Monday morning early, then remembered it was President's Day.  Ugh.  Off to bible study we went, no sense waiting by the phone on President's Day! 

I had since googled the pharmacy and saw it is located in Massachusetts. 

I was pretty worried about this situation.  We have to have the  meds by Saturday for our Monday appointment.  Monday it infiltrated my thoughts.  There was a message from Cindy at Dr. Shomento's office when we got home Monday evening...

The meds had been ordered via fax on the 14th.  She would work on it and call me back this morning. 

Joel stayed home while I went to preschool today.  We didn't want to miss a call.  At 9:35am right in the middle of calendar time, my cell phone rang.  The caller ID said "Unknown."  I froze.  I knew I had to answer it.  I had 12 little eyes staring at me when I said hi...It was the pharmacy! 

Two kids took their shoes and socks off, they quickly got louder, and I answered the questions of the pharmacy amidst cries of "teacher"...it was a wild couple of minutes!  But we survived, the kiddos and I.  The problem is I didn't have my insurance information at preschool because I'd left it at the house expecting a call on the home phone. 

Joel to the rescue!  I called him quick and he came over, insurance cards in hand.  Snack was just finishing up and we were 10 minutes away from putting on coats to walk to the library.  I announced that Pastor Joel would be telling them all a story so to be quiet and listen.  I called the pharmacy back with my insurance info, the first call dropped cuz I was in the basement, the second one went through and they were so nice both times...it's a lot of meds they are sending.  They will be delivered and signed for on Friday!

Cindy called again and left a message...the order had been sent in on the 14th but it was put in the wrong pile...good thing I called, they put a rush on the order, she said.  Thank you Cindy...she also gave me her direct number (Julia is in hawaii for the week!), and the direct number to the pharmacy and said if I have any anxiety over any of it, call anytime.  These people are amazing and so caring, to say the least! 

No comments:

Post a Comment