Saturday, February 4, 2012

The week...

I have a calendar hanging in my living room that has a different picture of a journey each month. I put it there because I wan to look at it often. It's beautiful. And it's a wonderful reminder that we're on a journey. It was a $5 purchase at Walgreens in Moses Lake the week after Christmas, and well worth every dollar! It's very contemplative, and I like it. It sort of shines with hope.

The first week of birth control is over. And for the most part it went well. I honestly thought I might go off my rocker a little, but I didn't. Maybe Joel would disagree, haha! I've been pretty mellow. At times I've felt anxious, but I haven't wanted to scream. If is wasn't for the headaches it would have been a pretty uneventful week on this journey. I hate headaches and I get them a lot. I had them pretty under control until this past week. On the bc patient info sheet it does say it could cause headaches. BLAH. On Tuesday, in the middle of a break from parent teacher conferences, I had the worst one I think I've ever had. Not fun.

I remember how the clomid, when we were doing IUI's, gave me headaches. But, well, that's part of this journey...in the end, if it all works, it's all worth it. Every last bit of headache and sleeplessness, and anxiety and the heightened hormone effects yet to come.

We can to this! We can do this!

Today I went on a 6 mile bike ride in the sunshine in 40 degree weather with a lady from church. And it was glorious! Then we went to eat Lutefisk and lefse at FLC in Havre...reminded us of eating it at FLC in Williston 2 years ago! The food was good, I had meatballs and skipped out on the lutefisk (Joel had a piece though)...but the smell...I have not missed that smell...GROSS!

To top the week off I received some fun mail: more January flowers (sparkly white), an article from the newspaper at home, a box full of hearts, a preschool puppet and our favorite rocket bakery valentines sugar cookies (the BEST on the planet)...THANKS to the fabulous senders!

No comments:

Post a Comment