Saturday, February 18, 2012

A witness

The nurse at Cryo-cell International is named Melissa.  I assume we might just be a number to them, another client amongst the millions they already have, but Melissa gives me a different vibe.  Correspondence with her seems pretty laid back.

Wednesday I emailed her to let her know we would be mailing contracts (there are 2 of them) back soon.  And I wanted to clarify where the witness was to sign...it was rather confusing.  I was going to take a picture of the paperwork and us signing it, before mailing it in, but guess what?  I didn't.  Want to know why?  The last time I did that, took a picture of us signing paperwork in hopes if it leading to a family, we were told no.  That was the adoption paperwork way back in January of 2010.  I still have the picture somewhere.  But I don't like to look at it.

We needed a witness.  Someone other than each other and they had to sign and date the same day that Joel (the co-client) and I (the client) signed.

There was one page that said specifically that the witness should print name, initial, sign name and date.  There were 2 pages that at the bottom said, "In Witness of"...and then "Your name:".

When Melissa emailed me back she clarified that only on 1 of the "In Witness of" pages was the witness supposed to sign.  Then she said that she was going to bring this up in revisions next time they gathered to make it less confusing!  I'm helping change their paperwork for future clients!

Well...in the moment, the one page that she said the witness did not have to sign, we had her sign it anyways.  It was really confusing (there were 2 pages 4's and well, confusing).  So, our witness and I both signed it.  Then I printed another copy of it and just I signed it. 

I was stressed about finding a witness....but then in the midst of Carol's travel plans she was able to take the time to be our witness!  What a relief.  What a gift.  We went to her house, enjoyed coffee, a wonderful visit, and lots of signing.  It may seem like a small thing, but it's really a huge thing.  And we really appreciate it!

In a matter of weeks, we will have embryos (hopefully) stored in a facility in Oldsmar Florida.  We're living it but it's very surreal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment