Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting

Wow, we've been waiting for a call from the nurse.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  It was pushing me to my limit.  I just wanted to hear something about the next step on this IVF journey...

I had made up my mind, if I didn't hear anything from her by yesterday afternoon, today I was going to call...

BUT...she called!  She called!  She called!  Whew.  Waiting, at least the waiting for that call, was over. 

Now for the what comes next...

More waiting of course!

Today, I wait for a call from the pharmacy the meds are coming from.  Julia ordered them yesterday.  The pharmacy will call, hopefully today, to get insurance and payment information.  Then meds will be in the mail.

On February 27th at 10am we have an appointment in Bozeman for some lab work for both of us (infectious disease checking) and a session with the Dr. and nurse to learn how to take the meds and when to take them.  Our box of meds will have arrived via mail by then, and we'll take it with us. 

She will give us a calendar on that day.

This is a rather invovled process, full of the waiting game.  Geesh!

I was pondering waiting last night...we waited to start the birth control, we waited for the call yesterday, we wait for the pharmacy call, we wait for the next appointment, we wait for the retrieval and implanting in March, we wait to see if it works, and if it does, we wait for our miracle...

It could be an entire year of waiting.  2012: the year of waiting.  I'd better get used to it.  To be honest, it's not one of my favorite things to do, and I am not even very good at it.  But I want it.  So bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment