Saturday, February 25, 2012

The meds are here!

I was so nervous yesterday.  I was so skeptical.  I  had myself convinced the meds would not arrive on their expected day.  It was 1:15pm and I was sending Joel to the post office to check there (often times Fedex & UPS deliver packages to the post office here and they put them in our box)...I was nervous. 

But then, moments later, as I stood on the treadmill looking out our giant living room window with the sun pouring in on me I saw it...the FedEx truck.  I watched, I waited, was he coming here? 

Yep!  I started dancing around the living room chanting "he's here, he's here!"  It really was pure joy.  I danced until he made it to the door.  I wanted to shout for joy to him, but I held back.  He looked more like he wanted out of here, than joyful to be delivering our package. 

Joel signed and opened.  Feelings of awe flooded us...wow.  Just wow.  So many meds. 

We took out each item.  And then Joel oh so patiently read off the package list what was inside so we could make sure it had all arrived.  The pharmacy told me we should do this right away.

Syringes by the dozen, needles, viles of meds, pill bottles, a container to dispose of the used items, gauze pads (big ones), alcohol pads...

So much more than all 5 IUI's put together.  This is intense.  No other way to say it, intense.

Good thing Julia knows what to do with it all, and will show us on Monday morning!

Want to know the miracle of it all?  Our $3000.00 box of meds cost us $156.30.  Thank you insurance.  Amazing, simply amazing. 

I will leave you with one last thought...I'm learning, slowly, that worrying gets me nothing but a bunch of anxiety...I worried about the meds arriving on time, they made it, I worried about the med price, so doable, I worried...but God is here, He has taken the worry, bore it for me and answered our prayers.  He is present.

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting adventure you are embarking on! You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete