Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Valentine Dinner

The Bear Paw Coffee Shop and Deli was having a Valentine's Dinner, reservations only, last night.  We hadn't planned to go, but on Sunday, the owners, asked if they could treat us to dinner that night.  We said sure!

We were given a choice, sit by ourselves, or sit with 3 elderly couples from the church...hmmm...we picked the elderly couples.  And one of them brought their son and daughter-in-law, 10 total at our table. 

It was an evening of amazing food and hilarious conversation.  When you get three couples, in their 80's, talking and laughing and yelling because they can't always hear it's awesome! 

They shared that they had been each others valentine's for 61 years, give or take a year or two.  Wow!  What an honor to be sitting there with them. 

At one point they were all trying to figure out if Tom Sanford had died.  I said, "I guess we'll have to google it!".  "What?" one of them said!  I repeated myself and then one guy said every time he tries to google on his new ipad something strange happens and he never finds what he is looking for.  "I'd have my grandkids help me but none of them have ipads," he said.  They were all in consensus that his ipad is way better than a computer because you can mess a computer up.  The ipad owner said, "A couple of years ago I bought a computer because people kept asking me if I had one, I finally bought one so I could say yes next time they asked."  He never has quite figured out how to use the computer! 

It was hilarious.  And our meal of salad, cheese rolls, steak (or chicken, we both had steak), bacon wrapped asparagus, baked potato or roasted red potatoes, ice cream and a chocolate dipped strawberry was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment