Saturday, September 8, 2012

Being lackadaisical...

We're having IVF twins after a long and painful 5 year journey through infertility...

I know you all know that already.

Thursday was our 26 week mark!  We've made it to 26 weeks.

And it still hasn't really sunk in...it still feels very surreal...and to be honest, we're feeling pretty lackadaisical about it.

I probably first learned that word, lackadaisical, in high school English class...for the first 3 years all we did was study, memorize and take tests on vocabulary!

That word sums up our feelings at the moment.  

We know we need to purchase so many more baby things in order to be ready and make list upon list of what those things are...

We know we need to be much more organized that we are...

We we know we need a plan for help once they are here and for paternity leave and for a sub at preschool and on and on...

And yes, we know we won't sleep once they are born and it will be so hard and terrible at times...

We're scared, nervous, joy filled...

And as I sit here, the nursery isn't any closer to getting finished...the baby clothes aren't any closer to being sorted and washed...the car seats are not any closer to being purchased...

But I can revel in feeling both little girls move...I can breath a little deeper at being one day closer to them growing big and strong enough to be born...I can be peaceful with my choice for nap taking and latte sipping...

It will all get done.  I promise.  Just not today!


No comments:

Post a Comment