Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sleeping

For 5 nights I did not sleep.  It was miserable. 

On the 5th night, at 1am, I had a major meltdown.  This wasn't fair, it was oh so hard on me, and what was it doing to the babies?  I sobbed for a long time. 

I was exhausted.  But the second I laid down to sleep my legs became restless...

Blasted restless legs.  Anyone ever deal with that?  Pre-pregnancy I did.  But I was trying everything that worked then...stretching, taking 1 tylenol, leg massages...

And nothing was working.  I even took the 2 valerian roots that usually help me sleep and it didn't help.

It felt torturous.  It felt awful.  And by the 5th night I was scared what it was doing to me. 

I added this to my list of things to talk to the doctor about at our appt yesterday...

As soon as I said I couldn't sleep and the words "restless legs" he knew....

I have a magnesium deficiency.  The four pills a day I am taking are not doing the trick.  I was so relieved that he knew what was wrong with me.

For the next four days I take 8 magnesium pills a day...that should cure me!  At the end of those 4 days I go back to 4 pills a day.  If I need to I can take up to 6 a day after that.

I think it's going to work.  I slept a little last night, having taken 3 pills.  I think it's going to work.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment