Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baby girl A

At our appointment Monday we learned that Baby A isn't growing enough.  It seems her growing, which was at a fairly steady pace, has slowed down.  Too much...

Dr. Key is quite concerned about it.  He is also concerned about us living 80 miles from the hospital. 

The appt went like this:

We had the ultra sound on both Baby A and Baby B.  She checked their heartbeats, Baby A's was 136...good...Baby B's was 147...again, good.  She listened to their cords, measured them, checked everything out. 

It seemed like things were fine.  But then she went to ask Dr. Key and Gretchen if she should do the cervix ultra sound...she was gone for several minutes.  When she came back in she said she needed to do more ultra sound on A.  She wanted to get some dopplers....she asked me which baby I felt move more...I'm never quite sure...um, both I said.  Then she said, "oh good, there is a good kick from A." I thought to myself, something is up. 

Baby A is very low.  Too low.  She had to get some scans of her head while doing the cervix ultra sound because she is so low. 

The good news?  My cervix is looking great! 

After the ultra sound we had to leave and them come back because Dr. Key was at the hospital delivering twins! 

When we got back they hooked me and the babies up to monitors and handed me a hand held device to click anytime I felt baby movement.

After about 30 minutes in came Dr. Key, Gretchen and Ronnie.  Joel got nervous at this point...why were all 3 of them in there? Well, it was to come up with a plan.  Dr. Key wasn't ready to put me back in the hospital yet and between Big Sandy and Great Falls there is no where, closer, for us to be monitored.  He wasn't happy about the snow falling outside at the time and he was worried about us having to drive back and forth too much...but the solution really is monitoring twice a week...keeping close tabs on Baby A. 

So, back we go tomorrow.  We're willing to do whatever it takes and as long as the babies and I are safe, we would rather be at home.  We're taking this journey one day at a time...we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment