Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dr. Seuss

On Saturday afternoon Dr. Key visited and decision time was upon us...

Head home or stay in the hospital til the babies come.  I really wanted to go home.  But the hospital offered a safety net I wasn't sure I could pass up. 

I was scared.  But home was calling. 

Dr. Key said he felt good about us going home.  The night before he had been thinking about us and praying...

I would go home with 3 days of stop contraction meds to make the transition...We would call him even in the wee hours of the morning if we needed to...I would be on strict bed rest...He talked me through at length what contractions feel like...

The churches will help you he said, let them.  They can bring you meals he said, ask them, let them. 

I've been growing these babies since March, but my new priority was to just grow babies...no more work, no more cooking, cleaning, exercising, getting the mail (a highlight of my day)...just rest and grow babies.  And read a lot, the Dr. said!

Before he left to put together discharge instructions he told us that he was dear friends with Dr. Seuss.  Yes, the real one!  He knows his kids also...he told us that Dr. Seuss was even shorter than him, and he's short!  Then he told us about a book that Dr. Seuss wrote for one of his sons going down a rocky path...

Horton Hatches The Egg.  Dr. Key told him, no, you wrote that book for pregnant ladies!  Dr. Seuss assured him that was not the case...

But Dr. Key told us to get the book, read it together and the message would impact us!  I ordered it from amazon today!

Bed rest continues.  Babies are growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment