Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Joel's day!

We spent most of Joel's birthday in the hospital room...well, of course I did, but he stayed with me.

The Dr. came in that morning and said ultra sound would be in and he would be by after that to do an examination.  Then we would talk...we didn't want Joel to miss the talk.  I knew it would be intense because we would have to make some decisions about home.  I wasn't going to make those alone!

We watched TV, ate meals from the cafeteria...I ordered mine from a hospital menu and I could also order a guest tray for $5 for breakfast and lunch, $10 for dinner...we talked, ate birthday cake from the day before, had a present opening...and waited. 

Around 2 the Dr. came back, around 3 ultra sound came, then around 4:30 the doctor came by to visit. 

Things were looking up!  My cervix had reformed some!  Yahoo!  The Dr. said he was cautious but he was thinking this was our window to head home...he wanted us to talk about it and he'd be back in the morning...

During his visit he talked about the angels surrounding us and protecting our family...

He talked about how we had done nothing wrong...he talked about what a miracle journey we've had so far...and how that journey will continue...he told us what good parents we already are...

He left us with a hug and reassurance that we would all be ok!

Our Doctor is one more gift along this journey to babies...I'm continually overwhelmed by the medical care that has surrounded us...we are so thankful.

Joel escaped for Starbucks and shopping at Scheel's after that! He had to buy his own birthday presents since my plan to buy them Wednesday was thwarted!  I gave him a list and he conquered!


No comments:

Post a Comment