Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Help!

We had visitors this time when we were going through our treatment...cousins and sisters! Friday morning we went to the ultra sound, which I now refer to as a scan in hopes that it makes more sense to people (we are not going for an ultra sound because we are pregnant, we are going for a scan to see if there are any eggs mature enough to be fertilized). Then sitting on the floor of the MN Science Museum, after having just went through the King Tut Exhibit, surrounded by Linda, Heather, and Jenn, I called my lab line to find out what the doctors had to say about our scan. I had a feeling of what they were going to say...simply because I have to write numbers down at the scan, and this time they were way higher, even than the second time when they were a lot higher than the first time. The doctors had to conference...there were 4 mature eggs (one of them at a 21, that's 3.5 points more mature that any of them have been the previous two times). Is 4 too many they asked? Then they decided no! Then on the lab line they said over and over again that there were 4 and we had to decide if we wanted to go through with it...if we did, don't call, if we didn't call soon! We didn't call! I hung up and started crying. I was so overwhelmed at the thought of 4 possibilities...those are good odds...right? We'll see in a few days. I called Joel who wasn't with us and his reaction was one full of overwhelmingness...but ready to say yes! Lets do it!
So the instructions were the same...take the last shot Friday night at 10:30pm, be at Mayo on Sunday at 8am. At dinner that night Cousin Linda, who is trained in giving shots, offered to give me the shot later that night...I asked Joel what he thought and I saw relief wash over his face. HELP! We had help! Yes, yes, yes! Please cousin Linda, help! At 10:30 I layed on the couch with my head in Joel's lap and he held my hand while with skill and calmness cousin Linda injected me. It was so nice to have the moment of help. Joel appreciated it, I appreciated it. We were peaceful.
Our next task...find a taxi for our company to get to target and barnes and noble the next morning while we went to Mayo...they were so good to us, being independent and supportive of our need to be gone all morning! They were a blessing! We didn't have to stress, because we knew they would be ok without us! Small town girls pros at the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment