Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our superstar pharmacist!

We have found a superstar on this journey. Ok, we've found many of them. But yesterday we went to see our pharmacist and were reminded what a great person he is. We don't really know him of course, but as our pharmacist he is great. I always get anxious going to pick up the meds, or even calling Mayo. I always assume the worst. I always think people will look at us funny or tell us they don't have the information we need or the prescriptions we are picking up, that we can't do a treatment, that nothing is wrong, that something is wrong, etc. I have a history of doctors telling me nothing is wrong, when I think something is wrong. My broken elbow on internship, first the doc said nothing was wrong, my swollen and painful finger I couldn't use, the doctor told me nothing was wrong. I have more stories like this that I won't go on about! Our pharmacist is always so so nice to us. Yesterday we went to pick up the final three prescriptions for this round of treatment and I thought for sure I was going to have to explain that I needed 3 of them and that 2 were probably in the refrigerator, etc. But nope. We walked in, told the lady who we were picking up for and just as I was getting ready to explain more our pharmacist looked over, told her what we were there for and where they were at and sent us on our way! He knows us. He knows we are the Skindlovs, he knows what meds we take each month, the fertility ones. During round 2 when we broke the first shot and had to go back to pick up a new one he spent time with us to make sure it didn't happen again. He's a superstar and on this journey we'll take any and every superstar we can get. Any person or opportunity to help put our minds at ease, yes please! So, he's a blessing! As is the Mayo clinic. We might get frustrated and mad and sad but today we chose to look at the good things about this journey and how we really have felt the hand of Jesus on us. We really hope that it will work this 4th time.

No comments:

Post a Comment