Sunday, April 24, 2011

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days

Ok, maybe worst of days is a bit extreme but we did have a pretty good day yesterday, mixed in with what I would call some clomid moments, the worst part of the day. We started the morning out by conquering Lemon pullapart bread…a recipe found on pinterest and it came recommend by our friend Lindsay. I think when she pinned it she wrote something like best ever or most delicious! (If you’re wondering what pinterest is let me know and I can send you the link to my page, and even invite you to join if you’d like). So, over coffee with Lindsay on Thursday she mentioned that while home for Easter break she would be making said bread…Joel loves all things lemon, me to, so I was quick to look up the recipe and create! It took us nearly 3 hours and 2 cups of coffee, a morning news show, a phone chat with Elizabeth, and lots o’ dish washing but we finally partook of the deliciously amazing and wonderful lemon bread! What a treat! Then we went for a lemon induced run, and headed off to a coffee shop.
Next stop was Rainbow Foods, a local grocery store here, and then began the first major clomid moment of the day…we were after Easter jelly beans. I was set on making an Easter Bunny cake the next day for Easter (just like the ones Jenn and Sarah and I made growing up) and I wanted to decorate it a certain way. All I wanted was some Easter candy. We’d looked the day before at Target and they were sold out. We looked at Rainbow and they were…sold out? Not an Easter jelly bean to be found? What? Come on Roseville, MN, open another target or something. Unbelievable. We finally found, tucked way back on the shelf, a package of Hawaiian punch jelly beans…not in the Easter isle, and not Easter candy, but at this point I was set on having any kind of jelly bean, I just wanted a jelly bean.
The next clomid moment came later that night when we tried the internet again at our apartment only to have it fail. Why was this a big deal? Who really knows! It shouldn’t be. But I honestly think that when you are hormone induced sometimes it’s the little things…like the shirt I wanted to wear this morning but could not find, anywhere, oh boy, that was not good. The shirt is still missing. But the girl is much more calm!

No comments:

Post a Comment