Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fear

Some days I am filled with fear...

What if something I ate hurt the baby girls growing inside of me?

What is something is wrong with them?

When will they arrive?

Will everything keep going as well as it has been?

What could go wrong?

Is this really happening?

I read a tweet from a friend a few nights ago, it was a quote from an article in Fit Pregnancy.  It was about pregnancy after infertility...to sum it up it said that we've spent years in treatments, in heartache, in pain...we been through one failed treatment after another...

Until we've finally been through the one that doesn't fail.  The treatment that finally worked...

And it's oh so hard to believe...something we've imagined time and time again and it's happening.  Really?

Yes, really.  I feel our baby girl moving inside of me.  Each ultra sound, as scared as we are moments before, shows that they are perfect...

Well, speaking of fear, at the 16 week ultra sound the tech did say that Baby B's heart was a tad small so she would measure it again really thouroughly at the 20 week appointnemt...

The Dr. said both hearts looked great!

Wondering why I haven't said a thing about Baby B's heart?  Well, because it scared us, and because the doctor's words reassured us...she will be fine.

I daily remind myself of the scripture that a friend sent right before transfer day back in March..."Perfect love drives out fear..."

Some days those words carry me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment