Monday, July 23, 2012

the search for crib bedding

I've been searching high and low and all around for crib bedding that I like.

It's been frustrating and overwhelming!  It's nearly impossible to find little girl bedding for a beach themed nursery...

Combine that with sort of knowing what I wanted in my head, but not knowing for sure...

Aqua colored, pink, purple, gray, polka dots, starfish, stripes, whales...I was looking for any or all. 

I was just getting ready to look up patterns for one, and beg for help making them, when I found something.

But guess what?

It was sold out, unavailable anywhere but ebay...and on ebay is was way too expensive.

It wasn't a big deal really, but I was making it one!  I was making it a really big deal.  Poor Joel!

Enter Atlanta, Manhattan Beach, CA., Mission Viejo, CA., San Diego, CA, Canada (which was never called, but I did check there), Florida...

The nice lady on the phone with me was calling all these stores, checking to see what pieces they had, then relaying the information to me and giving me their numbers!

One store in California had 2 crib skirts but one was one hold for someone...they would let me know if that fell thru...Another store had 1 sheet but I wanted 2...lots of other stores had the boy version of the sheet but not the girl one...

We called a nice lady named Bradley in Mission Viejo, CA. who looked up more stores for us, and that was after I was on the phone with the company for probably 30 minutes while she called places...

It was an adventure!

We finally found what we wanted in Atlanta and Chicago!  It's currently enroute to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment