Saturday, October 22, 2011

Grilled Cheese

It was the grilled cheese and turkey sandwich I was making for lunch that finally sent me over the edge. I don't even know if I can say why. But when I flipped it and it fell apart I took the pan and threw it into the sink. Then proceeded to put all the fixings away. I was not going to try another one. The first one I attempted was a success, that was for Joel's lunch. This second one...well I ate snacks for lunch instead. I figure it all partly had to do with all the emotions being kept in check from our appointment a couple of days ago, and partly because I always get frustrated making grilled cheese. I would hands down rather have a hot turkey and cheese sandwich any day over a cold one. But I hate making them. Our new pans (thanks Jake, Michelle, Ellie, etc) help tremendously because the sandwich no longer sticks. But this time, I just lost it. I even threw the pan (just to another burner, no harm done). I think it's time for me to spend some time on the treadmill...maybe I can channel some of this frustration and not take it out on the grilled cheese next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment