Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Pastor Joel




It's Pastor Joel's birthday today! On Sunday, I made this cake (thanks Mom for making the frosting) and took it to coffee hour at Messiah in Havre. Someone else brought ice cream. We could only stay for 15 minutes, but I think the church loved celebrating Pastor Joel's birthday! At the end of the service, during the closing hymn, the president of the council walked up front, grabbed the acolyte as he was getting ready to do his duties, and tried to ambush Pastor Joel, who left anyways...she wanted to sing to him, and me! So the music stopped and everyone stood standing, I called Joel back up and Carol announced our birthdays and cake and ice cream then they all sang to us! It was pretty fun.

I did not make a cake for church in Big Sandy on Sunday because they do not have coffee hour and Pastor Joel has confirmation right after church.  Since Joel is doing youth group in Big Sandy tonight I thought, why not just have a cake with the kids then? So that is what we are doing! Happy Birthday Pastor Joel/Joel:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment