Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Parenthood take 3

Well, last night on Parenthood, a baby was born and a baby was given. One more little one was added to the Braverman clan, and one was promised. Adam (the oldest Braverman Son, a main character) and his wife Christina (another main character), gave birth to their third child, a little girl named Norah. The entire family was there to greet her. Another sweet moment was with the latte lady. Remember how she said no to Julia because she wants a closed adoption for her baby? Last night she changed her mind. She offered her baby to Julia and family. In the hospital, as Julia asked to hold little Norah my heart was breaking, I could feel her longing for the same thing. And later, as the latte lady showed up at her doorstep I cried along with Julia as responded with a simple "yes." She gets a little baby boy, not yet born, but I suppose that is coming up soon.
I also cried yesterday as I was watching the show Make it or Break it (about gymnasts) and the best gymnast, the one destined to win olympic gold (yes, I know this is all fake), suffered a career ending injury. Career ending? I saw her crushed as she tried to deal with a dream dying and I saw her find hope when she thought maybe another doctor would be able to help her and her dream would stay alive. Only to have it dashed again. In a weird sort of way I think my tears were because I don't want our dream to die. I want to have babies. I want to believe. I don't want our dream to die. As often as I have given up on it and thought it impossible, I don't want it to die. I don't know how we would handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment