Thursday, May 17, 2012

David Cook & Phillip Phillips

I love American Idol.

Today I had to call my new nurse.  I've actually never met her before, but she is one of two of Dr. Key's nurses.

We connected over Idol!

It's as if I needed something to reassure me about this new place and she gave it to me!

Her name is Ronnie.  Last week, she told me, I met Gretchen.  Ronnie has seen my picture and my ultra sound.

She said congratulations!

Then she helped me. 

Let me explain.  I've been having pain the past couple of days in my lower uterus.  Just off and on, but it worried me.  I had no idea if it was my ovaries still recovering or something else.

I was scared.  Scared enough to call the new place.  And that's pretty scared.  It takes a lot of courage for me to pick up the phone and use it.  I usually have to really talk myself into it first.  Today I almost put it off til tomorrow.

I left a message and Ronnie called right back.  She explained that my uterus it growing and stretching a lot right now, and heading right for my stomach so that's why I am having pain.

She put me on pelvic rest.  "Be a couch potato and watch American Idol," she said!

"I love Phil Phillips so I'll be watching", I said!  She went ecstatic on me!  I told her I voted last night.  So did she, for the first time this season!  Then she told me about her love for David Cook, which I share. 

We bonded.  She said she couldn't wait to meet me and that we are going to get along great!

Get your phones ready people, if Phil Phillps makes it to the finale, we gotta vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment