Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meeting the new place

We arrived 30 minutes early, circled back around to use the restrooms at Starbucks, and entered the new Dr.'s office at 2:15pm.

My first impression was...eh.

There were people everywhere and it was a rather large waiting room.

I was overwhelmed.

But then the receptionist called me Hun...

Deep breath...I started to relax.

We checked in and found a seat.  Then we moved seats.  We were sort of hidden in the first seats and I didn't like that.

There were doors everywhere that people were getting called by nurses from.  I wondered what door would be ours.

People young and old filled the seats.  The place was a buzz.

It was not Bozeman OB/GYN. 

I couldn't even concentrate on a magazine (well, like I ever can at these appts)... there was lots of people watching and wondering going on.  I wondered what their stories were...I wondered what our appointment would bring.

Then from the door behind us my name was called, by a lady I cannot remember the name of, followed by a "how are you hun?"  More relaxing.  We were ushered into this giant posh room! 

I was told to lay down on the table.  Joel and I looked at each other with confusion on our faces.  I thought I would need to partially undress...I thought the lady had lost her mind! 

She told me to lay down again.  I was hesitant.  And did I mention confused?!  Then she clarified, I was having a stomach ultra sound...I'd never had one of those before. 

Sorry that might be TMI!

She was shocked to see twins!  I asked her before she even said anything if she knew there were 2 and she said, "well, I do now"! 

Both babies looked great!  First up...look for both heart beats...passed!  Second measure sizes...baby A was 9 weeks, baby B 8 weeks 6 days...a size difference that was quite normal and nothing to be worried about.  Then we heard both heart beats again.

She took lots of pictures.  Then went to get our new doctor. 

The day before we had seen a picture of him online and our reaction was...uhhh, uhhh...

Well, don't judge a book by it's cover!

He was so kind to us.  He explained every detail about the ultra sound.  Asked us questions about our journey then gave us a lot of time to ask all of our questions.  And I had a lot of them.

It might not have been Dr. Shomento and Julia...but it was a very nice team of people who we know are going to take great care of us and our babies. 

Next ultra sound...June 4th! 

Dr. Key said we'd celebrate the end of the first trimester then!  Yahoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment