Monday, May 7, 2012

Expanding our family by 4 feet...

This is the picture I'm about to post, when Joel gets home from visits, on facebook to announce that we are pregnant:


Can I share with you what I am thinking as I plan to do that?

I'm actually crying.  I'm reading tweets from my friends around the world still trying to find their way to the other side of that glass wall of infertility.  And I am longing for them to have the same news to share. 

As we share, I am so aware of the pain of infertility.  I am now forever on the other side, but I won't forget. 

Some people might consider that silly, and I think that some people in my shoes do forget.  But as I wait expectantly for my friend all way over in Jerusalem to have her egg transfer day, tears fall. 

I know what it was like.  I want all of their stories to end like ours.  I want infertility to have happy endings for everyone, around the world, near and far, struggling with it. 

So, our announcement will bring with it lots of joy.  But I won't post it without also saying something about our struggle.

My heart cries out to God, please, please, may miracles abound.

If you think about it would you mind saying a prayer for my friend in Jerusalem?  She's had a rough ride, but soon I hope she gets her miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment