Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The end of months of shots...

Last Thursday, almost a week ago, at 9pm we did the last progesterone shot.

What a relief.

But how weird!

We've been doing shots since early March.

It feels like we're forgetting something, still, every night.

We still hear ourselves saying, "we gotta do the shot...oh wait...".

The alarm on my cell phone still goes off every night at 9pm.  Why?  I'm not sure...I haven't stopped it.  I think it's because it's part of the IVF memories, it's part of the IVF miracles.

The day of the last shot was the 10 week mark in this pregnancy.  The doctor explained that we do progesterone until then because the ovaries are what's producing the hormone for the first 10 weeks and my body needed that amount supplemented.  At 10 weeks, the placenta, or some part, starts producing it's own progesterone so we no longer need to supplement.

That explanation made me breathe a sigh of relief.

I was worried about stopping the shots.  But after hearing that I knew it was just fine.

Tomorrow I'm 11 weeks!  Countdown to 2nd trimester is in full force!

Sunday the getting sick started...blah...it's only happened twice and even though I was bummed my 10 week not being sick streak ended...

I daily remind myself how much I've longed for this, throw-up and all!  It's so worth it.  Our miracles are growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment