Monday, May 7, 2012

Do's and Don'ts

Today I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant with TWINS! 

I guess you already knew that!  I decided I wanted to record some do's and don'ts of this pregnancy so far...or rather some wants and want nots...

The do's:

Eat: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries...seriously sometimes these are the only things that sound good.  They are oh so delicious.  I liked these fruits before getting pregnant but now they are a necessity in my life!

All things Mexican food...on Friday we discovered a Mexican grill in Great Falls, it sort of reminded me of Baja Sol for you Midwesterners...it was so delicious that we ate lunch and dinner there.  Hey, when you feel like I feel, you gotta eat what sounds good!

Lemonade.  Joel is the lemonade drinker in our family, when we go out to eat he always orders it.  I almost always order water, or root beer on occasion.  But now I sit around and crave lemonade!  It's made even better by squirting some lime in and adding fresh strawberries!

Saltines.  A lot of them. Enough said.

Peppermint candies...these get me through the first church service on Sunday mornings.

String cheese, fruit snacks and yogurt with granola are some other mainstays in my diet these days.

Naps, or at least rest in the afternoon. 

Some of the don'ts:

Cereal...and I used to eat it every morning for breakfast...now I can't stand the thought of it.

Cooked carrots.

Onions.  Ok, I've never liked these.  But I had one in my mouth from a salad a few weeks ago, during lunch in a congregation members garage and well, I managed to swallow it, simply because I didn't want to be embarrassed by getting sick.

Kidney beans.  More on that in a later post.  But the short story, we had them on a salad at a bed and breakfast we stayed at in Bozeman last weekend...Joel was given most of mine...the poor guy, he couldn't even get them all down!

Sunday morning, before heading to Havre, we stopped by the Big Sandy church.  The bat urine smell is back...SO GROSS.  It was terrible.  I had to get outside fast.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to sit through church there but it had aired out some and isn't as bad in the sanctuary.  And I kept peppermints in my mouth so I would smell them.  Gag.  There has to be a way to clean that smell, seriously.  


No comments:

Post a Comment