Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Or as some people referred to it...Happy Mother's Day to-be.

I had a great day yesterday.

It was very surreal.  No other word comes to mind.  It was like I was living my life, yet I wondered if I really was.

It started with an early morning alarm.  That was the not so good part...and toast because that early, well, I just had to put something in me and NOTHING sounded good:(

Oh and trying to find something to wear that fits and was appropriate for a day starting out at 40 degrees and by the time the last church service ended being at a whopping 80 degrees!  That wasn't fun either, but Joel served as fashion adviser and we managed something!

I am going to skip over the church part and blog about that next...

So, after church Joel grilled steaks, did the dishes, made parmesan pasta, grilled asparagus, baked potato and strawberries (those were my contribution to the meal)!

As he was working on the grill portion I was sitting on the deck in the sunshine reading a book!  It was delightful.  But then it was made even more delightful when Joel showed up with a glass of lemonade with frozen blueberries and raspberries in it.  Amazing!

The meal was delicious!  

Next came presents...he gave me the new Pioneer Women cookbook...I love her show!  And a novel.  And today a waffle maker arrived in the mail to complete the surprise.

To top it all off he cleaned out both cars yesterday afternoon!

I feel blessed as I bask in the surrealness and joy of growing 2 babies!

1 comment: