Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sick day

Yesterday was a sick day for me. Thankfully I didn't have to work.

I went from being slightly sick for 2 days in a row, a day of being fine to having to call my doctor...

It was awful.  I couldn't hold anything down, not even water.  I was in tears and scared and slightly stressed.  It's not always the easiest having such problems an hour away from your doctor.

But the nurse, the same one who adores Phillip Phillips, helped me out.

She called in an anti-nausea prescription.  First she wanted to send it to Big Sandy Pharmacy so I could get it right away, but they closed at 5pm and it was 4:45pm.  Then she wanted to send it to Fort Benton but I didn't want to go there... (she called both pharmacies for me to find out closing times, she was awesome)...

Thankfully Joel was in Havre so she sent it there and he was able to pick it up!

She also gave me a list:

Salt and vinegar chips
Old fashion popcicles
Powerade mixed with sprint
Real ginger ale

I was sure we wouldn't be able to find the real ginger ale because we had looked at Walmart in Havre a couple of days before and they didn't have it.

But IGA did!  And Joel was willing to go on the hunt.

He had council so he didn't arrive with the meds until 9pm, but I just laid on the couch, entertained by Idol, of course, and sipped, every half an hour, some pretty awful tasting homemade ginger tea!

It got me through til he arrived.

Then the meds kicked in and I ate 1 popcicle and 2 potato chips.  I held it all down through the night.

I can now, 24 hours later, eat mashed potatoes and can slowly add new starches to my diet til I am full force again.

What a wild ride!  

No comments:

Post a Comment