Monday, April 30, 2012

Double miracles!

We were so nervous for last Friday!

We were sitting in the waiting room, me trying to focus on a magazine, Joel focusing on the one he was reading.

The door opened and my name was called...by a nurse I'm not even sure of her name, but I've seen her before.

I wanted to see Julia.

We were walking around to our room and we heard a "Hi Guys!"

It was Julia!  We love her.  She came right over to see how we were doing with progesterone, how I was feeling, and to sort through our box of meds with us (that's a story for another post).  We were happy to see her. 

The other lady took us into the ultra sound room once it was ready and we sat, nervously, waiting.  Joel again was reading a magazine.  I sat there staring at an infertility paper sitting on a table to my right. 

Eek...nerves were so high!

In walked Dr. Shomento...

She said something like this: "Hi you guys, I don't know how you got an afternoon appointment, I have been waiting all day for this, I'm so nervous". 

I thought, she's not supposed to be nervous!  She then said something like: "ok, let's see if there are 1, 2 or 3 in there...well, your levels were not high enough for there to be 3"!

Joy flowed from this room at this point.

It was time...Joel stood at my head as she began the ultra sound...

"There's one".

"There's two"!  As she turned the screen to us so we could see!  I said "there's two?" 

YES!  Two babies.  We could see their hearts beating.  She told us everything we were looking at.  She had the wand near baby A and told me to hold my breath...we heard it's heart beat!  Then we moved on to baby B and heard it's heart beat.

Pure joy. 

As soon as it was over Dr. Shomento hugged me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment