Tuesday, April 17, 2012

the other side of the glass wall

A long time ago I wrote about being behind a glass wall.  I didn't know how to get to the other side.  It was pain filled and tear filled.  Day after day, month after month, year after year I was reminded of my broken heart, of our heart wrenched days of pain.

And now, in the midst of walking an IVF miracle, with a team of doctors who could  not have been more amazing...

We're on the other side of the glass wall!

We made it.  We're here.  And we hardly know how to act.

One of the reasons I write is because I want the pain and the joy to be here, so I remember the pain and revel in the joy.

I know people still on the other side of that glass wall and I long for them to join us.  I read my friends blogs filled with pain and anticipation as they wait and I shed tears for them.  

Being on this side is the most surreal moment of our lives.  We want to shout for joy from the mountain tops, or maybe we'll settle for our deck out back, it's closer!

We want to hide some of our joy, so as not to cause them more pain. 

All around the world miracles are happening and people are waiting...for the joy to replace the sorrow, for the pain to turn to dancing...and I pray for them, for our Jesus to create miracles upon miracles...babies upon babies.  I pray for grace to flow freely.  

2 comments:

  1. Crazy! I was just talking about the glass wall in our Bible study this morning. And about you and Joel -- and about the others still on the other side of the glass wall . . . and what is our response knowing all of that? We must have been on the same brain wave today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime i read one of your posts i am so grateful to have a daughter and son-in-law who have held onto Jesus through the fire of infertility. So so grateful to see you reveling in this gift. We revel with you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete