Friday, April 20, 2012

The shot

We are still doing 1 shot a night.  For the next several weeks.

Sometimes I don't feel like having a shot.

Sometimes we almost forget.  Which is why I have an alarm on my cell phone to remind us.  It goes off every night at 9pm.

Tonight was one of the nights we almost forgot.  We tend to remember a few minutes before the alarm goes off then we listen to it as Joel is giving me the shot.  We stop it from ringing, but we never turn it off.  It must always be set.

It was the left sides turn for the shot tonight.  It's usually the worst side...a couple of times it has hurt really bad.  Which is another reason I dread it sometimes.

But tonight was different.  Tonight was the most pain free this shot has ever been!  Must have been because we needed a slight reprieve.

The nights that go smoothly always make us ask ourselves, "did we do it wrong?"...but Julia told me on the phone a few weeks ago that no, we cannot do it wrong!  Whew!

Joel is a trooper, every night he sets the shot up, picks where to stick me, and then sticks.  I had to do part of his job while he was at a conference last week, my grandma did the other part...

And though we both did our part very successfully...it was joyful for both of us to have Joel back!

Last night I dreaded it.  Tonight it was just something we had to do.

You know what?  Whether we dread it or not, we are so grateful we get to keep doing it.  Every night.  Every shot.  Every bit is, well, amazing really.  What is does to help our baby/babies grow, what it means getting to keep doing it...

In the end, we welcome it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment