Saturday, April 7, 2012

Praise & Thanksgiving

Shock & Awe...Easter Miracles...There are no words...

Those are all blog titles I thought about using for this post...I've been trying to form it all in to words...I'm still trying to believe it myself...

Our story is continuing with a miracle, maybe even miracles...

My phone rang Thursday morning right as I was walking 10 preschoolers downstairs at the church.  I quickly turned them over to Pastor Joel and slipped into his office.

The caller ID said Dr. Shomento.

The moment was upon us...words cannot describe the emotion, excitement and fear all wrapped into one...

Dr. Shomento: Is this Miss Melissa?
Me: Yes
Dr. Shomento: Have you been cheating with home pregnancy tests?
Me: No, I've been too scared to
Dr. Shomento: She's been too scared to, well my dear, you are very pregnant
Me: I am? (as if she would lie to me!)
Dr. Shomento: Yes, your level needs to be at an 80 or higher to show you are pregnant, yours is at 217! 

The 217 is where the "very" comes in.

Tears sprung forward and flowed.  Shock and awe flooded me. 

Dr. Shomento: Are you sitting down yet or still standing?
Me: I'm sitting now
She proceeded to give me instructions for next steps.  She said, "I'm so happy I could be a part of your miracle."

And a miracle it is!  The words she spoke are ones, that at times, we doubted we'd ever hear.  And now, we bask in the joy, the awe, the amazing gift of life our Creator God, is giving to us.

I rushed downstairs, motioned to Joel to come into the next room.  I told him IT WORKED!  Our celebration included a quick hug, then back to the preschoolers.

Joel read to them about Easter and told them about how Easter means new life!  I texted Mom, Jenn and Elizabeth to share our news!  I was shaking.  I had 30 minutes of preschool left.  It was the longest of my life...I wanted them safely home, so we could bask!

1 comment: