Tuesday, June 5, 2012

From peanuts to aliens...

Yesterday was our 12 week, 4 day ultra sound and appointment!

It was so nerve wracking!  I have to make myself breath the few seconds before the ultra sound machine is turned on...

At first glimpse they just looked like they were laying there, as still as could be.

Fear filled me.

But then the ultra sound tech pointed out Baby A's heartbeat and I smiled!  Then I saw Baby B raise his/her hand to us and I laughed!

The last ultra sound we had they both pretty much looked like little peanuts.

This time I thought they were adorable!  Joel thought they looked like aliens, adorable aliens of course!

Baby B had his/her feet straight up in the air, sort of like he/she was kicking!

I think we have a future NFL kicker on our hands!  And an Olympic gold medalist in Women's Gymnastics!

Ha!

Kidding!  These kids are already looking amazing (doesn't every new parent say that?!)...and whatever talents they have or don't have...well, they are a true blessing and we love them just the way they are!

They are overachievers though...both measured at 13 weeks, 3 days ahead of schedule.  Well, actually I think Baby B was 13 weeks and 4 days.  This "ahead of schedule" thing is just fine.  They are measuring within the range they should.

To top it off, Mommy had a perfect blood pressure reading, heart rate and lungs sounded great...medical history questions all answered positive where should be positive and negative where should be negative!

It was overall a great appointment!  Next up is another ultra sound and check on July 2nd.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment