Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Double trouble

I've been having trouble with motion sickness since that day almost 2 weeks ago that I was really sick.

When we visited family and friends in Moses Lake and Spokane last week I got really car sick going over the mountains.

Yesterday, driving home from Great Falls I got really car sick again and that road is pretty much straight the whole way.

Dr. Key's nurse practitioner, Gretchen, who we saw yesterday told me this is normal...

I have double babies which means double hormones which can mean double tired, double sickness, double everything!

I love double!

I don't love double puking...although it is better when Joel, the rockstar, is by my side comforting me.

But I'll take the struggle.  I really will.  Even when it gets oh so hard.  Even when I go from semi-normal food to Popsicles, ramen and crackers once again.

It's worth it.  I know it is.

And when I feel frustrated about feeling miserable I almost feel guilty.  I've waited so long for this, and I know so many people who desire this so deeply.

I just pray the babies continue to grow and that I can give them what they need!

Gretchen told me to keep taking the anti-nausea meds every 4-6 hours and when I run out to call, they will give me more.  She told me to try crackers, canada dry ginger ale, and lemons...sniffing them, not sucking, unless I really want to...

Although last night, I took a sniff and small suck of a lemon, and less than 5 minutes later I was puking!

Oh well, I really do think ginger ale, popcicles, dry toast, ramen and crackers taste good, whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment