Saturday, June 23, 2012

IVF history

I wanted to share this link with you:

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/21/12341304-mom-of-first-ivf-baby-has-died


It's a story about the first woman to give birth to an IVF baby in 1978.

She recently passed away at the age of 64. 

The story includes a picture of her, her IVF baby (now 33, or maybe 34), the IVF babies' son and the doctor who performed the miracle...

Wow.

I couldn't believe it.

It's an honor, really, to be part of this...

The same year I was born a miracle on the other side of the world happened, and  now 33 years later, the babies growing inside of me are a result of years of perfecting that miracle.

To be chosen to be part of this story, by God our Father, for reasons we will never understand...is powerful.  I'll shout it from the rooftops...it might have taken years, loads of heartache, skilled doctors, and tons of hormones but our miracles are on their way!  Thank you Jesus!

And in the midst of my tears of joy and tears of sorrow for the pain that goes into seeing a miracle like this happen, and for the miracles that still await, in the midst of pain along the journey...my prayer is that our babies, our story, will help spread hope...IVF works!

No comments:

Post a Comment